We are Dry July NZ Trust (2570400).
- how we may collect your personal information;
- how we will handle the personal information which we collect; and
- how and why we may use and disclose this information from time to time.
You should review this page regularly.
You should direct any questions or complaints to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information which may be collected by us
We may collect the following personal information:
- Information relating to your Account: In accordance with Our Agreement we require all Participants to have an active account with us (Account). To open your Account you must provide us with certain personal information and we will collect and hold this information. We require this to be able to identify you and for security purposes. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, we will not be able to let you open or keep open your Account. We may also collect information relating to your use of your Account.
- Your Content: You may post on or make available to the Dry July Website your content and information, including information about you and the actions you take, any photos, video, or text or other forms of content (Your Content). Your Content will be publicly available. You grant us a licence to Your Content under Our Agreement.
- Being a part of Dry July: If you are a Participant or Donor, we may collect and hold information in relation to your participation with Dry July. This may include information such as who you sponsor or who sponsors you, donations made by you or related to you (if you are a Participant) and purchase orders placed by you. If you choose to use our opt-in services, we will ask you for the information needed to send the communication or have it sent to you and we may keep information about our communications with you. [If you choose not to provide the personal information we request in relation to the opt-in services, we may not be able to provide those services to you.]
- Using the Dry July Website: We collect and hold details of your access to, and use of, the Dry July Website. This includes your browser type and IP address. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
Information we will not collect
We do not collect any credit card or debit card information from you.
Access to and use of your personal information
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- verify your identity;
- if you are a Participant, enable you to open and use Your Account;
- if you are a Participant, have a profile page on the Dry July Website;
- enable you to be a Participant or Donor;
- enable you to otherwise access and use the Dry July Website, including uploading and sharing Your Content;
- troubleshooting and rectifying or altering Dry July;
- facilitate the sharing of Your Content;
- administer and manage Dry July and the Dry July Website;
- administer and manage your access to and use of the Dry July Website;
- communicate with our Payment System;
- maintain, undertake research into and develop Dry July and the Dry July Website; and
- communicate with you, or permit other people to communicate with you, in accordance with Our Agreement.
Under the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) you have rights of access to, and correction of, your personal information. [This does not apply to information in your Account or Your Content if it is not available to you (i.e. removed or terminated).]
Other people's information
If you provide to Dry July or post on or make available to the Dry July Website any personal information of another person, you must:
- have that person's prior written consent to do so;
- ensure their consent allows us to use and disclose their personal information in the same way that we may use and disclose your personal information.
Use of your personal information
In order to be able to manage Dry July and operate the Dry July Website, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if you are a Participant, to open and use your Account;
- so you can access and use the Dry July Website, including uploading and sharing Your Content;
- so we can administer, manage and support Dry July and the Dry July Website for you (including your access to, and use of, the Dry July Website);
- so we can ensure your donations and purchase orders are properly accounted for with the Payment System provider;
- so we can fulfil your purchase orders;
- for marketing and promotional purposes and generally to do business with you; and
- so we can undertake research into and develop Dry July and the Dry July Website to make it better.
For these purposes, the "Third Parties" are persons who:
- carry out IT services for us related to Dry July and the Dry July Website including our physical housing, monitoring and backup of the servers for the Dry July Website, support and maintenance for the Dry July Website;
- are the Payment System provider;
- provide services to enable fulfilment of your purchase orders;
- carry out marketing, market and participation research for us but your personal information will only be provided on a de-identified basis unless you otherwise consent; or
- provide us with support, sponsorship or are beneficiaries, but your personal information will only be provided on a de-identified basis unless you otherwise consent.
Some of these third parties are located overseas. Singapore is the main overseas country in which these recipients of your personal information are located.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information overseas, Dry July will not be responsible for ensuring overseas entities' compliance with Australian privacy law (including the Australian Privacy Principles) in relation to that personal information
If you are a Participant we will display your name and image on your profile page of the Dry July Website. Your email address or other contact information will not be displayed in any form through the Dry July Website. If you are a Donor we will normally display your name on the profile page of the Participant to whom you have made a donation. When making a donation, you have the option of checking a box marked "Anonymous Donation". If you check this box, your name will not be disclosed to the Participant nor will your name be displayed on the Dry July Website.
If you are a Participant, we may also provide your postcode information from your Account to Google Maps (but not other personal information) so Google Maps can display information about participation in Dry July.
We may also disclose information to third parties you have indicated you want to share your information with for a particular purpose, including through opting-in to a particular form of communication (by checking a box or by other means that allows Dry July to pass your information onto third parties). [This may include] beneficiaries, third parties that provide goods or services, or our sponsors who may wish to contact you from time to time. Please note that unless you provide consent your personal information will not be provided to these people on an identified basis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties who we disclose your personal information to are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. We will use all reasonable efforts to disclose personal information on an anonymous basis except where this is not possible or appropriate for the purpose of the disclosure.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- as required or authorised by law, including to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations; and
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
Changes to personal information
Management of personal information in your Account and Your Content is governed by you. You are responsible for changing these as required by you from time to time.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information we collect, use and disclose and which you use and disclose to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To the extent possible, we will take reasonable efforts to assist you in ensuring this is the case. We ask that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information which we have collected; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information which we have collected such as your name or e-mail address.
If you have difficulty in doing this, you should contact us for help by emailing us at email@example.com